LowePro Sport 100 AW for running?
I'm looking for a small, lightweight bag for running with that will take my DSLR, lens and personal luggage.
I've looked at the LowePro Photo Sport Sling 100 AW , and size and weight-wise it fits the bill but I'm not sure about a sling bag for running with.
I know that the LowePro marketing fluff states that the bags are suitable for running, mountain biking, skiing etc. but I wondered if anyone out there has any experience running with this bag fully loaded (i.e. - camera, luggage, hydration etc.). Does it slop around a lot or does the sling allow for it to be cinched down nice and tight and not move around whilst on the move?
Any stories you have will be helpful...
Thanks in advance,
I wouldn't consider a sling bag for running for many reasons:
- Hard to cinch tight
- Asymmetrical weight and strap distribution won't help balance
- Too low in the back
For me, a running sack has to:
- Have two balanced shoulder straps
- (Critical) have a chest strap that can be cinched tight
- (optional) have hip strap
- Sit high enough so the bulk of the weight is borne by the shoulders - meaning that a slight forward lean brings the weight forward over the ideal centre of gravity.
My favourite sack to run with is a Boblbee hard shell - not designed for cameras, and not lightweight (so probably not what you want), but great balance and, with the right interior fittings, a decent camera bag. I've taken it hill running a few times and the weight isn't great, but the fit is marvellous. The hard shell means that if I take a tumble, the gear is protected.
I've also used Karrimor and Deuter day sacks (around 20-25L size) - they're OK, but struggle with an SLR plus lenses.