Canon 5D Mark III Review & Wedding Setup

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marcel Mutter
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
Re: Canon 5D Mark III Review & Wedding Setup
In reply to Halkett Photography, Dec 26, 2012

I do understand that the CF cards sport faster write speeds, but I hate external card readers.  I am currently using 32 GB Lexar Professional 800X CF cards, which offer 120 MB/s speeds along with 32 GB SanDisc Extreme Pro SDHC cards which run at 95MB/s.  I highly recommend both cards, which are more than capable of running with the 6 frames per second speed.  Both cards do a great job of clearing the buffer, but the Lexar CF card is noticeably quicker.

The SD slot of the Canon 5D Mark III is crippled so putting a 95MB/s card in there is overkill.

You can use the SD slot for small JPG and put RAW on the CF which is almost 4 times faster in writing data to the card.

The SD slot is more to put a Eye-Fi or an other card in there that transmits small JPG files wireless to a other device.

I assume Cannon put the SD slot in there for this only and a second CF slot would require a second Digic processor like in the 1D-X.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow