What are some fast focusing Nikkor Lenses?

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Questions thread
JakeB
Contributing MemberPosts: 762Gear list
Like?
Re: What are some fast focusing Nikkor Lenses?
In reply to Wheels24, Dec 26, 2012

Wheels24 wrote:

Hey all,

My first post here

I've done extensive research on the topic, but I haven't had much light shed. Basically, I'm looking for a list of the fastest Nikkor DX lenses. I've compared my lenses (18-55 and 35 1.8) to the Canon equivilants, and the Canon lenses seem to just focus instantly, while the Nikkors lag behind. I understand that focusing is more than just the lenses, but also the camera; I have a D5100, so I'm only looking for AF-S lenses right now.

So, basically, what are some DX Nikkor lenses that focus very quickly like the Canon 18-55mm?

Thanks!

Focusing on my Nikon 24-70 f2.8 is instantaneous and accurate, even in very low light conditions without AF Assist Illumination from the camera.

As others have said, the Nikon 50mm f1.4 G is not fast compared to the 24-70 but still perfectly adequate.

JakeB's gear list:JakeB's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow