Compare Pen 18-270mm with Sig 18-250mm.

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,578Gear list
Like?
Re: So, I am thinking...
In reply to KentG, Dec 26, 2012

KentG wrote:

Ditto on the Sigma 18-125. Wish I had mine in Pentax but it does pretty well as an all-around non-pro lens on my Canon. I've compared the 18-125 on my Canon to my old Tamron 18-200 on my K-01 and K20D and the Sigma wins hands down overall. Guess I need to pick one up in Pentax. The old Tamron FF 24-135 I have compares well against the Sigma but it is kind of a bulky lens that does not have a good range for an APS-C body.

Kent Gittings

The Sigma 18-125 really surprised me, first how well it worked on K-01 compared to K-x, even with higher resolution of K-01, and then how it passed the brutal test of trying it on Q with the adapter, where only few of my lenses survive the high resolution demands of that tiny sensor on the small area used in the center area of lens. It is as good as Tamron 17-50 on the Q. The little Q is like a center resolution lens tester, very merciless in showing the differences.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow