to eNo , my D600 and weddings

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
PhotoKaz
Regular MemberPosts: 326Gear list
Like?
Re: Hi John
In reply to John Motts, Dec 26, 2012

John Motts wrote:

This is nothing to do with being snooty it's just that, apart from file size, if you're putting everything into Lightroom anyway and have LR set up properly, then I don't really see an advantage to shooting JPEG.

The main point of shooting JPEG is to have a file available straight out of camera or so that you can edit it straight away in Photoshop. If you put the files into Lightroom, that advantage is lost.

I find that RAW files are actually easier to make adjustments to in Lightroom than JPEGs because they are more robust and all the highlight and shadow information is all still intact.

The big difference is the amount of editing you need to do.  Presets can process your raw quickly, but a jpeg is essentially a finished product that may only need minor updates.  With RAW, you need to do everything yourself.  For the record, I shoot 95% of my shots in RAW simply because I like the extra control.

-- hide signature --
 PhotoKaz's gear list:PhotoKaz's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
opNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow