Started Dec 24, 2012 | Questions thread
Jason Stoller
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,002Gear list
Like?
Re: Another Gem
In reply to fft81, Dec 26, 2012

fft81 wrote:

Jason Stoller wrote:

Why do you need VR to shoot in low light when you have Higher Iso available and shutter speeds available. You can always use a tripod, and guess what even a flash. Some of these comments just amaze me. Wow Photography 101. Photographers shot for years without VR or IS. Its called understanding your camera and lenses, and the effects of ISO and Shutter speed combinations. WOW!

-- hide signature --

Jason Stoller ComicDom1@aol.com
We are just Beta Testers who pay the Camera Companies to test their new products!

I started on d90.. do you really want to talk about higher ISO?

Flash is nice but annoying.

Tripod for candid family shots is overkill. Yes i have one.

Overkill for who?  The person that needs it and is too lazy to use it.  People have used tripods for years and still do.  If you do not like a tripod then get a monopod.  You know they make point and shoots with built in IS or VR that do quite a nice job.

The D90 is more than a capable camera and the same rules apply to understanding your camera, lenses, shutter speeds, fstops, and flash.  Primes work on a D90 as well as any other camera.

-- hide signature --

Jason Stoller ComicDom1@aol.com
We are just Beta Testers who pay the Camera Companies to test their new products!

Jason Stoller's gear list:Jason Stoller's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Nikon D700 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow