Trying SX260 HS and Sony HX30V and having problems with blurred indoor people photos on Canon

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Questions thread
kellydunwoody
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Re: Trying SX260 HS and Sony HX30V and having problems with blurred indoor people photos on Canon
In reply to OpticsEngineer, Dec 26, 2012

OpticsEngineer wrote:

I have a SX260 and HX20V and found kind of the same thing. In Auto mode, no flash, in low light the SX260 pictures would be fuzzy when viewed on a computer, but the HX20V pictures were sharp. But with flash, the SX260 pictures (and HX20V) were sharp, so that is different than your report (I have AF Assist Bean turned on, press Menu button to get to it). I have some hope that others more knowledgeable than I have some suggestions. One person posted a while back the suggestion to set light metering to spot instead of evaluative (P mode, Func Set center button, scroll up) but I have not had a chance to give it a good try yet. Some people seem to be happy with low light focus of the SX260 but others like me not so much.

Please see my gallery for results with flash:

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9795794316/albums/sony-hx30v-and-canon-sx260-hs

I'm going to play some more tomorrow and use your suggestions to see if I can get better results.  On cameras like these i really like to put it in auto mode and point-and-shoot which is why I have been testing in auto mode.  Thanks for your input and suggestions!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow