What is your print sizing method?

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
DavidH202
Senior MemberPosts: 1,067
Like?
Re: What is your print sizing method?
In reply to xrdbear, Dec 26, 2012

xrdbear wrote:

Qimage is going to do pre-print sharpening and that will make them worse again. I'm not sure but it may also be slightly better to upsize in 16bit rather than 8 bit, someone more knowledgeable will know.

-- hide signature --

Brian
Fine Art Print sales of the Isle of Skye at:
http://www.eyeofskye.co.uk/

Yes Qimage will do a final "smart sharpen" if you let it and quite possibly make some files worse, but if you have already done your sharpening for print and believe it is correct then you can turn off sharpening before sending the file to the printer.Sharpening is really hard to determine as viewed on a monitor, as the printer resolution will most likely be much finer than on screen.

The new DFS (deep focus sharpening) that Mike has recently introduced into Qimage Ultimate that creates virtually no artifacts, is outstanding!

When I am looking for max detail (not on all files), I no longer do final sharpening in CS5, and let Qimage do the final sharpen for print.

I do printing for customers on  Epson 7900 and 9890 WF printers, and am always amazed at how well rather small, poor quality files turn out on larger sized prints and canvas with Qimage.

Just tell Qimage what size, and the program does the rest in the background with no worries.

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow