What makes a pro body?

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Questions thread
Jason Stoller
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,002Gear list
Like?
Re: A pro body is quite clearly defined.
In reply to fft81, Dec 26, 2012

fft81 wrote:

ata3001 wrote:

What about D7000 and D600 ?

It's open for interpretation, but in my mind there's no doubt: both are pro bodies as well

Nikon says the D7000 is NOT a pro body however if you are a member of Nikon Professional Services (NPS) & own one of the other bodies Nikon does consider pro, they will repair your D7000, but the D7000 is not a pro body. Sorry, but this info is from the company that makes the camera & they say NO.

To be a member of Nikon Professional Services (NPS) you must also prove you are a professional photographer & earning a living at it.

If I were you i'd pay less attention to NPS. They are just there to give a sense of pride/value to those people who buy expansive nikon products... I stopped respecting their opinion when I saw that in NPS catalog the nikon 28-300 is considered a pro lens...

Just out of curiosity fft81, what camera brand and model do you shoot and what lenses do you personally own.  Maybe knowing that would help shed some light on your perspectives for me.

Do you own a 28-300 by chance and if so what brand?  Have you ever had the opportunity to photograph with the Nikon 28-300?

-- hide signature --

Jason Stoller ComicDom1@aol.com
We are just Beta Testers who pay the Camera Companies to test their new products!

Jason Stoller's gear list:Jason Stoller's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Nikon D700 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow