Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
chipmaster
Contributing MemberPosts: 722Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D600 battery performance
In reply to Astragony, Dec 26, 2012

Astragony wrote:

Hello guys,

recently I purchased a Nikon D600 and I am really happy with everything, except for the battery life.

Coming from various mirrorless systems I was used to having a weak battery life and was really looking forward the "amazing over 1000 shots on a single charge" thing.

I charged the battery twice already with 375 and 326 shots...

Am I missing something?

I don't use the lcd much, don't use live view, I only shoot 14bit raw + small jpg to 2 cards...

I am starting to think my battery is faulty.

Any test to take or things to try?

Is this a known issue?

Cheers.

With a lot of chimping I get between 500-700 shots / charge, not as much as I'd like.  I was worried whether it would hold up for a full intense shoot, but...

When I leave with picture preview/review off I easily got 1400+ shots in a couple hour session of intense shooting with 70-200 AFS ( VR OFF ), the batter still showed 1/2, did this 3 consective days never got < 1000 and never showed < 1/2 YMMV.   But for the 3 sessions did very little reviewing of the pictures maybe 1/100 was reviewed

chipmaster's gear list:chipmaster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow