I can't find a better P&S camera than my S95!

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
I can't find a better P&S camera than my S95!
Dec 25, 2012

I have recently been comparing my S95 output in adequate light to the S110, Olympus XZ1, Panasonic Lx5 and LX7, and the Pen EPL1 (micro 4/3) with kit lens, and I just don't see any significant improvement when viewing photos on my 27" S-IPS monitor.  I have been taking basically the same photos and viewing them side by side, no improvement in IQ or DR, and in many cases the color is more true to life on the S95.

I really wanted to get a new camera with better output, but it looks like they just don't exist, unless I get an interchangeable lens camera with prime lenses or expensive zooms.  Some of the newer cameras may have more bells and whistle and perhaps a little better low light performance, but for someone who shoots mostly outdoor daylight images of cityscapes and landscapes, food and flowers, the S95 is a 2 year old masterpiece than fits in any pocket.

Your comments would be appreciated.

J

Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow