How good was the A200

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Calico Jack
Senior MemberPosts: 2,063Gear list
Like?
Re: How good was the A200
In reply to matts1809, Dec 25, 2012

matts1809 wrote:

I have become worried about taking the A65 onto my boat for waterski shots, I have seen an A200 on fleabay so it has got me wondering.

Will the A200 work with my 18-135 & 16-50 lenses?

Was the A200 any good for sports?

Is there any inherent problems with the A200 That I should be aware of?

Will it be a good tool for my kids?

There does seem to be a lot of A350 out there should I wait for one of them to go for the right price?

Any info will help thanks

I would suggest the A100 as it has a mag-alloy body unlike the plastic shell A200 and most of the other entry-level models (except A580 or the intermediate A700. Otherwise, I have an A200 for sale @ £80.00. A Konica-Minolta DiMAGE A200 28-200mm bridge/prosuer superzoom that is. And yes, all Minolta A-Mount AF lenses work on the Sony A200 as do they for all other Alpha models (unless by some chance double-digit SLTs have lens issues as well as flashgun issues), but triple-digit Alpha models are perfectly fine. I'd go for an A100 if you must use separates, or a bridge camera for the learners and kids to cut their teeth on (and it won't be hellish expensive if broken or bashed around).  A means to an end.  If the kids get on with a bridge, they may want to go with DSLR once the rudimentaries have been learned.  Make any sense to you?

-- hide signature --

Mark @ Sonolta * Photography

Calico Jack's gear list:Calico Jack's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Adobe Photoshop CS6 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow