Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Henry Falkner
Forum ProPosts: 11,954Gear list
Like?
SP-820UZ?
In reply to jim4850, Dec 25, 2012

jim4850 wrote:

Henry Falkner wrote:

Your P510 has the same 16MP BSI CMOS sensor and HD video as my SZ-30MR. Over on the Nikon Forum it is highly thought of.

The camera is a special, Nikon got that one right, topped off by a great lens, but if I was buying a superzoom today I'd be giving the Olympus SP 820 a good look, the PQ I've seen so far is great, I'm not a fan of AA batteries though.

To me, the SP-820UZ is plainly an oversized P&S. Even as a P&S, except for the zoom, it appears a bit limited compared to the SZ-30MR. In my perception, the saving grace of the SP-820UZ are the universally available AA batteries. It will work on common or garden alkalines when you have gone through your rechargeables.

We will stay at cheap quaters during the five day Morris Tour next week, and I cannot take it for granted there will be a power point I can monopolise for half the night. I own four Li-50B batteries. I may have to economise on the amount of shooting I do each day.

During the last Morris Tour with the SZ-30MR I went into a second battery charge each day - but each night I had a power point all to myself. This spasm came to 45 minutes after editing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIiEGvQO_WU&feature=share&list=UU6JgzL7oZKNOptY6lPt1Quw

Henry

Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow