Started Dec 25, 2012 | Questions thread
Henry Falkner
Forum ProPosts: 12,286Gear list
Like?
Re: SZ 10 Slideshow question
In reply to Albergman, Dec 25, 2012

Albergman wrote:

Merry Xmas all.

I bought an Olympus SZ 10 for my wife recently and she's quite happy with it. I was reviewing some of her pictures today and it seems to always be in a "Slideshow" mode. I'll be trying to zoom in on a feature in an image and suddenly the camera takes you to the next image. I've gone through its menu and see where slideshow settings are changed but nowhere can I turn it off ... at least I haven't found it. Even went so far as to read the PDF manual and only discusses the same choices ... nothing about stopping the slide show!

I have the SZ-30MR, which, hopefully, works the same.

Turn the camera off (to de-activate previous actions that may affect the camera for further operation).

Press the Display button (blue rectangle with blue arrow in it). Press the Menu button. Slideshow is at the top. Select slideshow, select Start. Notice that you get muzak sounds when the slideshow is playing.

If you get NO sounds playing, then you are NOT in slideshow mode. What you probably have done is to ROTATE the four-way rocker, which also advances to the next picture. NOT to rotate that four-way rocker without intention takes a bit of getting used to.

Rotating that rocker when selecting menu items in 'P' mode is the usual cause for jumping items in that menu.

Henry

-- hide signature --
 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow