Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 33,137Gear list
Like?
Leonard Cohen -- last concert shot with the F200EXR
Dec 25, 2012

So I do like the F200EXR, but the Leonard Cohen concert was the last straw on that "only goes to 140mm" thing ... and that "no RAW" thing is just a PITA.

Some examples from the concert, during which I was unable to get closer to the stage than this

This is a slight crop, showing that the players are clearly visible, as it Leonard ... but the detail is a bit lacking.

Cropping can get you only so far when the optical zoom is weak and there is no RAW option.

The concert itself was magnificent ... Leonard continues to do what he started a few years ago when he blew much younger acts off the stage at Glastenbury and other venues (if I recall that info correctly) ... he gave us almost three hours of hits and new music with 3 or 4 encores going well past the usual concert ending time ... extremely impressive for a 78 year old man. And his voice was perfect all the way through.

This was, I believe, the scene during Hallelujah ...

A beautiful, if simple, set with the kind of lights that look great on film. The F200EXR was shot, as usual, in P mode at 6mp and I used DR400 (of course.) This preserves the lights very well while providing a reasonable level of control over the noise. Basically, as good as EXR JPEG gets ...

But again, cropping is pretty dicey ...

See the whole gallery here: http://letkeman.net/Photos/cohen_nac_7dec2012

Regarding the subject line ... why did I say "last concert shot with the F200EXR" ... ?

Because I placed an order this morning for the F770EXR, which is on sale today for $229 at Henrys ... this is the lowest price I have ever seen. It is lower than every available price on amazon, even for used cameras. I call that an irresistible deal ... I almost bought it for more money two weeks ago ... glad I waited

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow