Will mirrorless APS-c dominate the market in the future with video being the main reason?

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Theodoros Fotometria
Senior MemberPosts: 2,090
Like?
Will mirrorless APS-c dominate the market in the future with video being the main reason?
Dec 25, 2012

The mirror less market is currently 23% of the total DSLR market (inc. FF) and it's rising...

Sony and Panasonic have been based in video and cinema for their advance in imaging industry, Nikon has been based in photography, while Canon considers both equally. I believe that it's the APS-c (& close to sensor size micro 4/3rds) mirrorless market that will be leading imaging industry in the future.... It seems for now that Sony and Panasonic believe the same..., Olympus and Pentax have also created their APS-c mirrorless standards.... I believe that this year, it will be NIkon and Canon that will follow, I also believe that their mirror less APS-c mount will be capable of bearing a full frame sensor too... IMO Nikon has the advantage that has much interpretation in the video market with their lenses through adapters and has the advantage (!) to not have been involved yetbut with their DSLRs, thus studying a market (based in video) which alters/transforms itself rapidly...

I believe that Sony did things much better than the competition with their NEX mount, they can now have the same mount from NEX-5 and up to their most advanced cameras (FS-100/700) yet retaining full compatibility with their full frame lenses and the mount can even bare a FF sensor..., they also have done very well with the VG series, to connect the small NEX with their pro cameras... All Pentax, Panasonic and Olympus will have trouble giving videographers such a flexibility to advance, Canon will also have problems since they use the EOS mount in their pro cameras than the (possible) new APS-c mirror less mount like Sony does... So, I believe that Nikon will come up with a similar solution to Sony (a new mirrorless mount that will be able to accept a FF sensor and retain full compatibility with their current lenses through an adapter), provide even pro video cameras with this new mount in the near future like Sony does ...and compete with Sony for the leadership in imaging!

Theodoros
http://www.fotometria.gr
http://www.fotometriawedding.gr

Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow