Started Dec 25, 2012 | Questions thread
chapita
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
Re: A good laptop to work with photos
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Dec 25, 2012

MikeFromMesa wrote:

chapita wrote:

I have now a Vaio VPCF1 which is as good as big and heavy. And it's really good, but being a not professional photographer I' wondering to have something more practical and lighter.

I've always worked with Windows so, OSX is not an option. I've saw in the Net that Samsung 9 Series it's a good option but I would like to have more advices.

I guess my first thought would be to ask how heavy your current machine is and what weight and size you would consider more practial and lighter.

I use a Dell XPS-15 which is a 15 inch laptop with a 1920x1080 display, a 500GB hard disc, an i7 chip, a dedicated graphics card and a blu-ray burner (for disc based slide shows). I use this machine almost exclusively for photo and video editing and it does a decent job. Perhaps not great, but good enough to satisfy me (but I am not doing this professionally).

But no matter how well this machine works I do not know what you consider to be light enough nor do I know what screen size you would want.

First things first: thanks all.:-)

The Vaio weights 3 kilos (6,6 pounds) the AC adapter it's enormous and each time that I want to use it it's a job itself. Ok, you can ask why I bought it and I can tell you: brand, an i7 processor and quite a RAM. ..which doesn't shine.

I thougth I was buying the Windows version of a MacBook Pro, but it is not. At all.

So, I'm going to sell it and see between the Samsung and the Asus. Thanks again!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow