A good laptop to work with photos

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
chapita OP New Member • Posts: 5
Re: A good laptop to work with photos

MikeFromMesa wrote:

chapita wrote:

I have now a Vaio VPCF1 which is as good as big and heavy. And it's really good, but being a not professional photographer I' wondering to have something more practical and lighter.

I've always worked with Windows so, OSX is not an option. I've saw in the Net that Samsung 9 Series it's a good option but I would like to have more advices.

I guess my first thought would be to ask how heavy your current machine is and what weight and size you would consider more practial and lighter.

I use a Dell XPS-15 which is a 15 inch laptop with a 1920x1080 display, a 500GB hard disc, an i7 chip, a dedicated graphics card and a blu-ray burner (for disc based slide shows). I use this machine almost exclusively for photo and video editing and it does a decent job. Perhaps not great, but good enough to satisfy me (but I am not doing this professionally).

But no matter how well this machine works I do not know what you consider to be light enough nor do I know what screen size you would want.

First things first: thanks all.:-)

The Vaio weights 3 kilos (6,6 pounds) the AC adapter it's enormous and each time that I want to use it it's a job itself. Ok, you can ask why I bought it and I can tell you: brand, an i7 processor and quite a RAM. ..which doesn't shine.

I thougth I was buying the Windows version of a MacBook Pro, but it is not. At all.

So, I'm going to sell it and see between the Samsung and the Asus. Thanks again!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow