Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,612Gear list
Like?
Re: So, I am thinking...
In reply to brandrx, Dec 25, 2012

brandrx wrote:

brandrx wrote:

Here is a quick compare of two new just listed lenses. The Pentax 18-270mm SDM and the Sigma 18-250mm HSM.

Compare Pentax 18-270 with Sigma 18-250mm

If I were looking for a lens of this range, I think I would choose the Sigma because of the greater close focusing and reproduction ratio, and the $250 less cost. Of course it would still be wise to wait for professional lens reviews before making a decision.

So, I am thinking that a K-01 at $316 + the Sigma 18-250mm at $549 would make for a great all-around shooting system for just $865. I might just buy one of the dang Sigma's to leave mounted on one of my K-01's all the time. Hmmmmmm.......

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

I can recommend old version Sigma 18-125 as a great match with K-01, it's very small (not much bigger then kit lens), looks good on K-01, and is very sharp and AF works really well. It tuns K-01 into a reasonably compact quality package with 7x zoom.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow