Pics at a nighttime outdoor party with large firepit

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,716Gear list
Like?
Re: Pics at a nighttime outdoor party with large firepit
In reply to toomanycanons, Dec 25, 2012

toomanycanons wrote:

So, I tried a bunch of things. Full on flash, flash dialed down, strictly ambient.

I just got tired of strobing everyone constantly, even at 1/32 power. So I took the strobe off and worked on M, ISO 3200. The fire would flare up and give off decent light, or it would die down just as someone would be posing for me. Outside the fire area it was pitch black. And snowing!

I don't drink whiskey but there was a fair amount of that last night. I worked on all the worthy pics in LR4, these are just a few. Good times. Oh, not enough snow for topless sledding.

3, 4 and 5 have some really good atmosphere. no obvious flash (if it was used at all).. N o3 I really like for the effect for a different rreason. the photo has a high contrast and bold mono colour tone.  I wish I had taken it!

well done..

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow