Ink Republic CIS nightmare!

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
JJ Winkel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,387
Like?
Re: Ink Republic CIS nightmare!
In reply to Zone8, Dec 25, 2012

I used my IR CIS for almost 2 years on my R1800 without real problem due to the CIS itself, but as specified before I started the assembly by unpluging the power cord when the head was in the middle position and then carefully studied the tubing length, supporting and fastening by manually moving the head to both extreme positions and then only reconnected power when I was satisfied that the tubing was moving properly without being pulled or rubbed against any printer part. It took a little care and reflection ....

Also what is heard as gear grinding is the print head belt "jumping teeths" if the head is blocked before reaching the far end and the stepper motor not stopping ( sorry for the wording but could not find a better way to describe it ).

About the situation being worse after a head clean, it is more certainly NOT clogs but air locks, you have to remember that ink is not "pushed" into the nozzles but "aspired" by a very mild suction, this is OK with the original carts as they are above the head and ink being fed by gravitation. But with the CIS thisĀ is different and only governed by the ink level in the bottles, too low = air locks, too high = ink floods !

In my install after several tests I found that elevating the full bottles by about 2 cm above the table was the overall best position.

Also when priming the carts, take care to leave a little air bubble in the vaccum chamber of the carts ( about half full and not completely empty).

-- hide signature --

JJ.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow