LX7 - how sharp is sharp?

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gaze
Contributing MemberPosts: 625
Like?
Re: Correct...
In reply to bondiblue, Dec 25, 2012

bondiblue wrote:

Thanks morepix - yes the LX7 appears to have about 1 stop advantage over the LX5 when it comes to noise, if used side by side with the same settings for a long exposure, from the comparisons I've made so far.

The LX5 is still good enothatched there's nothing that compels me to replace it yet - I think I'll skip the current generation. Though I am tempted to buy a GoPro Hero 3 black edition for video, as Panasonic still can't match it in several respects.

Hi Bondiblue,

I feel the same way you do about the LX5.  Besides, I like using the LWA52 lens with it.  It'll be interesting what Panasonic does with the future LX8!  Will they go with a larger sensor and still keep that great lens of the LX7 with its F1.4?  Is it possible and keep the same size?  I betcha one thing, Panasonic is studying that Sony RX100 intensely with its big sensor.  I guess Panasonic is working on some sort of compromise  between these 2 cameras.  I can't wait to see what they come up with for the LX8 but I got a long wait.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow