NEX 6: Auto bracketing vs Auto HDR

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
David Redfearn
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Re: NEX 6: Auto bracketing vs Auto HDR
In reply to maxscience, Dec 25, 2012

I went out last night and tested the HDR mode for outdoor Christmas lighting in my neighborhood.  I tried setting the ISO manually first (to ISO 1600) and that didn't really work well - the scenes are so dark that the shutter speed dropped way down, and it is hard to hand-hold.  I went back to Auto ISO and the camera generally set the ISO to 6400 - but one shot was taken as ISO 800 and others at ISO 5000.  Results were decent - you really can't see any noise in the images, though you do see some blurring of lights.  I can't tell if that is because the camera couldn't "stitch" the shots together perfectly, or camera shake (not likely as most were at 1/60).  I think the NR application is fine for these kinds of casual shots - but I have to test it more for the more interesting "difficult" shots (such as inside churches) when you have to shoot at high ISO and want to control visible noise.  In general, however, the camera performs very well (low noise) even at relatively high ISO.  It is much superior in that aspect to my Canon T2i.

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow