ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
timned88
Contributing MemberPosts: 947
Like?
New to the Nex Club!
Dec 25, 2012

Hello, everyone.

I am new to the Nex Club (Nex-6 w/ kit lens, 55-210, 16 f/2.8, 12mm adapter).  I am coming over from a Canon 1Dx and sold my Canon G1x because I wanted more functionality than a high-end point and shoot.  I love my 1Dx but wanted something smaller and lighter for when I am out and about with my kids.

I am contemplating sending the 55-210 back for the 18-200 as I love being able to have a set it and forget it lens for most of the time - I own the Sigma 50-500 OS and leave it on the 1Dx a lot.  I am also contemplating the 10-18 for wide angle shots but that is not a huge priority given the price vs. the 16mm w/ 12mm adapter.

My goal for owning the Nex is to have the most bang with the fewest lenses possible so as to not have to swap in and out all day.  Granted the 10-18, 18-200, and kit lens is the easiest choice but would require BIG bucks to outfit, especially since the 16 f/2.8 and 55-210 had $100 instant rebates on both when I bought the camera.  Opinions?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you all know that I was around.

-- hide signature --

Tim Devine, owner of The Magic in Pixels.com, a site by Disney Theme Park Photographers for Disney Theme Park Photographers.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow