Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
caloymiranda
Regular MemberPosts: 315Gear list
Like?
Re: Does your Metz have a...
In reply to assaft, Dec 25, 2012

assaft wrote:

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

but did anybody tried to contact Metz about that ?
I wrote to Metz about issues w/ GH3 and Metz 58AF2 and RC from GH3 for Metz flash and their answer was : that they do not have GH3 yet to test... but that shall be no issue for them w/ Olympus cameras

I did, regarding the reported problems with the OM-D (TTL works only in Group 1, Manual doesn't work in any group), and got this answer: "For the wireless remote control mode an improved firmware version for the camera "OM-D E-M5" is in preparation. Unfortunately, at the moment we can't tell you when the new firmware version will be available", signed by a worker at Metz Technical Support (Germany).

Im glad they are actively working on a solution. I eagerly await this firmware update. Being able to use the clip on flash as both signal and fill light is rather convenient. Though you can do this with a radio trigger and 2 flashes...i dnt have those yet.

caloymiranda's gear list:caloymiranda's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow