Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rotorbug
Contributing MemberPosts: 690
Like?
Nikon D600 and NX2 users
Dec 25, 2012

I have commented on this in another post, but no-one understood what I was getting at.

This will not affect you shooting RAW and using third party raw file converters like Lightroom etc.

Nikon has gone back to how the D300 controls brightness and contrast with the D600.

On the D300s, D700, D7000 etc, when you selected Auto D-Lighting, the D-Lighting controlled contrast and brightness. These options were grayed out in the picture control.

Now, Nikon has gone back a step but making the Auto D-Lighting independent of the brightness and contrast. You can set the contrast to Auto, but not the brightness.

How does this affect you if you are post processing with NX2? It makes the picture control settings more critical to get each shot the way you want it in terms of contrast/brightness. It's a lot harder to leave the camera set on one picture control and expect to get the right results every time.

I wish Nikon would allow the user to define how the Auto D-Lighting controls brightness and Contrast. This could be an option in the menu.

Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow