CrapCamera
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss 100mm f2 makro planar
In reply to CrapCamera, Dec 25, 2012

CrapCamera wrote:

rebel99 wrote:

hotdog321 wrote:

Just for fun, what is/are the sharpest lens(es) you own? What lens performs best in overall terms of sharpness, chromatic aberration, distortion, contrast? What lens makes just gives you that "wow" feeling when you see the photos?

I'll kick it off with my old 300 f/2.8 (non-IS), a 100 f/2.8 macro (the non-IS version) and my trusty 70-200 f/2.8 IS (version 1).

the best lens i have ever owned is zeiss 100mm f2.0 makro, and my 300mm f2.8 IS mkII comes very very close 2nd! zeiss 100mm f2.0 makro is so good in every aspect that i don't think there is any other lens that can match it, period. you'd only know what i am talking about when you use one for portrait. my tse 17mm/24mm both deserve honorable mentions as well. i don't think i have a canon "L" prime or tele zoom that i have 2nd thoughts about their performance, and i do own quite a few of them

cheerz.

2nd that on the Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZE.

I don't actually have it, I have the Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/50 ZE, which is hands down my best lens.

I have the Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM (my 2nd best), and the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM (3rd place).

Oh, and have a look at this:

Canon 100L vs Zeiss 100MP shootout

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=891517

CrapCamera's gear list:CrapCamera's gear list
Canon PowerShot S80 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100LNew
lolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow