Abrak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,292
Like?
Re: IQ of Panasonic 14-45 f3.5-5.6 vs. Panasonic 12-35 f2.8
In reply to boxerman, Dec 25, 2012

boxerman wrote:

Mark B UK wrote:

FrankParis wrote:

... What worries me the most is the report of chromatic abberation in the 12-35 with Olympus bodies. ...

... If you only ever shoot JPEGs, it's a problem. If you shoot RAW ..., it's very easy indeed to fix the problem in mainstream PP software such as Lightroom or Aperture.

This, of course, is a constant refrain on this forum. My question is why can't JPEG be correct for CA? Certainly it could be converted to many other formats, and processed in them. Why am I completely stuck with CA from JPEGs? (I hope the answer is not something stupid like nobody has implemented the algorithm for anything but RAW. But, then, maybe that would give some of us hope.)

-- hide signature --

The BoxerMan

Boxerman,

It may be that what you are looking for is DXO optics. This has camera and lens modules for both RAW and Jpeg photos I.e. EM5 + 12-35 jpeg which it uses to automatically (or custom) correct images for distortion vignetting and CA amongst other things.

It is available as a fully functioning 30 day trial.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow