D600 / 3200 more shutter counts after Nikon service!

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
flyingeagle
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 / 3200 more shutter counts after Nikon service!
In reply to Edmund17, Dec 25, 2012

Edmund17 wrote:

After 2 weeks I just receive my D600 back from Nikon service with 3200 more shutter count! The original problem was “random “err” messages” and the service description reads:

Service Repair Rank B2

*RPR Shutter release

*CKD Shutter mechanism

*CDK image test

*CLN image sensor General check & clean

This is my original post describing the problem: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50401857

Question: Should I consider such amount of shutter counts as normal after service?

Anyone else has experienced the same? Could Nikon intentionally increase the shutter counts to solve the oil sensor issue many times discussed here?

Thanks in advance

Ed.

lol, sounds like typical Nikon repair service. Its possible they released shutter until oil disappears from the sensor. Sounds like a lazy way of fixing things. They probably wouldnt have imagined someone might keep their eye on shutter counts. Try calling 1800 number and update us with what they had to say.

flyingeagle's gear list:flyingeagle's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow