Possible BIG problem 16-50 with Nex 6!

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
BoatGuy
Regular MemberPosts: 148Gear list
Like?
Re: Possible BIG problem 16-50 with Nex 6!
In reply to santiclaws, Dec 25, 2012

santiclaws wrote:

Can I make a suggestion? Please???? Can we stop with freaking labels and soda cans and moving the objects around? The proper way to test front/back focus is either with a test chart, easily found in google and downloadable, like this one for instance or just a simple ruler. Put the ruler or test chart at a 45-degree angle to your camera. Take note of what you focused on and shoot. It will be VERY easy to tell if there is front or back focus and you can measure the distance of back/front focus very easily.

This was shot at 50mm f5.6 1/60 ISO 3200 from a distance of approximately 12" (30cm). I used Flexible Spot and put the 12cm mark in the middle of the box. JPEG straight from the camera, lens corrections ON.

This looks spot on to me, but since there is plenty of DOF I don't think this test would reveal the 5mm-25mm problem that others are reporting.

In any case, with regard to a firmware fix, what would it fix and how would it affect my camera?

-- hide signature --

www.newmorning.info

BoatGuy's gear list:BoatGuy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow