ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HerbertA
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Smudge on prints
Dec 24, 2012

Hello All,

Is anyone else experiencing smudge-like imperfections on photos made with my Canon MG5220 printer and  Canon Photo Paper Pluss Glossy II?   I brought this to the attention of Canon, and they are investigating the problem.  However, I want to know if this problem is unique to me.

The problem manifests itself when I use the Canon 4x6 paper that does not have a Canon watermark on the backside.  It does not appear on paper that has the Canon watermark, and it does not appear on Epson paper, Red River paper, or Staples paper.  I was told that the Canon paper I am using comes from Germany; the watermarked paper was made in Japan, but no longer is available.

The smudge shows up very clearly on images with solid black background.  I see it on the top of a vertical image, almost in the center, and extends for about one-half inch.  Also, it will show up on the left side of a horizontal image.

I sell my images as greeting cards, and no longer am able to use this glossy Canon paper because of the glaring imperfection.

Now, I am beginning to think that I should try a new Canon printer.  If anyone has experienced the problem I describe on a printer different from MG5220, please tell me.

Many thanks for reading this post.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow