What is best wedding flash For E-M5?

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Questions thread
Spkeasy
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Re: What is best wedding flash For E-M5?
In reply to Spkeasy, Dec 24, 2012

Spkeasy wrote:

For use on Olympus OM-D E-M5. I want the most powerful, adjustable, bounceable flash for on-camera OR bracket use. I want to use a diffuser almost all the time, harsh light is not good. I used to shoot weddings with Nikon and Hasselblad back in the 60-70s and used a "potatoe-masher" as I called it. Now I'm retired and again doing occasional jobs. Got the OM-D with 12-50 a few months ago and it is fine. Just need lots more (diffused) light. Anyone suggest the perfect unit?

Thank you, everyone, for the great advice. I got exactly what I wanted from people with exactly the experience I hoped for.

After all the advice I just bought an Olympus FL-50R. Found a great deal on ebay for a new unit. It was actually my 2nd choice to the Metz 76 MZ-5 but several hundred less. The MZ-5 reminds me a lot of my old Ascor but I don't do enough work to justify the MZ-5 cost. After your advice I'm sure the FL-50R will handle my work nicely, especially with a diffuser and lightbox. I may add an FL-600R as a second flash for portraits in the future.

To everyone who responded, thanks again for the great advice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow