Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
jayrandomer
Contributing MemberPosts: 694
Like?
Re: TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
In reply to qianp2k, Dec 24, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

jayrandomer wrote:

The 18-55 II from my rebel xt is dead last.

Haha, of course, must be original version. The relative new EF-S 18-55 II is pretty sharp in center. I don't have any kit lenses (not sure if 24-105L is a kit lens or not but it's pretty sharp in center). Sigma 17-50/2.8 OS is my only 'EF-S' lens (which actually is not EF-S lens but only can work on APS-C bodies) that I am not sure if it's the least sharpest lens in my collection. My copy of 17-40L actually is slightly sharper than Sigma 17-50/2.8 OS on my 60D.

-- hide signature --

The 18-55 IS lenses are supposedly a big improvement over the non-IS version from 2005.  I had a lot of fun with that combo; at the time is was pretty hard to beat at that price and frankly I didn't know that it wasn't sharp.  We still have a bunch of 8x10's on the wall from that combo and they look fine ok to me and great to my wife.  I still use this combo when when the 5d is too big; it's the same resolution as my iphone but so much easier to get good pictures from.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100LNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
lolNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow