Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
jayrandomer
Contributing MemberPosts: 600
Like?
Re: TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
In reply to qianp2k, Dec 24, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

jayrandomer wrote:

The 18-55 II from my rebel xt is dead last.

Haha, of course, must be original version. The relative new EF-S 18-55 II is pretty sharp in center. I don't have any kit lenses (not sure if 24-105L is a kit lens or not but it's pretty sharp in center). Sigma 17-50/2.8 OS is my only 'EF-S' lens (which actually is not EF-S lens but only can work on APS-C bodies) that I am not sure if it's the least sharpest lens in my collection. My copy of 17-40L actually is slightly sharper than Sigma 17-50/2.8 OS on my 60D.

-- hide signature --

The 18-55 IS lenses are supposedly a big improvement over the non-IS version from 2005.  I had a lot of fun with that combo; at the time is was pretty hard to beat at that price and frankly I didn't know that it wasn't sharp.  We still have a bunch of 8x10's on the wall from that combo and they look fine ok to me and great to my wife.  I still use this combo when when the 5d is too big; it's the same resolution as my iphone but so much easier to get good pictures from.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100LNew
lolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow