Can I Prevent Google mail from downloading email without closing my Google mail account?

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Johanfoto
Senior MemberPosts: 2,863
Like?
Re: Can I Prevent Google mail from downloading email without closing my Google mail account?
In reply to Vernon Snider, Dec 24, 2012

Vernon Snider wrote:

I prefer to use my Safari mail account; however, my Google mail account frequently downloads my mail before I can do so with my Safari mail account.

How can I prevent that from happening without closing my Google mail account or going to Yahoo mail account or using Firefox?

There is no such thing as a 'Safari mail account'. Safari is a web browser. You can access any mail account that has a webmail option by using Safari, but that is something different.

Google is a company that offers a mail account called 'Gmail' and they offer a browser called 'Chrome'. Gmail offers webmail access, so that means you can access Gmail with either Safari or Chrome (or any other browser like Firefox). It's also possible to access another mail account through Gmail. In that case you let Gmail log into that other mail account, and the mail is transferred to Gmail. That is done fully automatic, you only have to activate it and enter your login details once. It can be useful if your other account doesn't offer webmail, or to use the excellent spam filters that Gmail offers. If that is what's happening, just turn that option off in the GMail settings (using any browser you want).

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow