Regular MemberPosts: 487
Like?
Re: Peter, Joms ...
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Dec 24, 2012

Kim Letkeman wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

Peter71951 wrote:

PAUL TILL wrote:

Just spend a little more and get the X-S1, I've seen loads on e-bay going for £300. It's the nearest you're going to get to shooting a DSLR.

What Michael Melb AU said about the HS30 With ergonomics so close to DSLR that you may feel at times that you are using one. is way over the top, the HS30 looks and feels like a fisher-price toy camera compared to a DSLR let alone the the X-S1, the X-S1 actually feels better built than a lot of mid-range DSLR's.

Paul.

Constantly putting the HS30 down. Do not own the X-S1 (I am a sensible person) but it is probably about the same the difference between the ergonomics of S100fs and the HS30. In that case I prefer the HS30. It is ridiculous to say that the HS30 is a fisher-price toy camera. You must be a little frustrated because of your wrong purchase.

Peter

I've tried X-S1 last week and it feels about the same as HS30. My HS30 manual zoom is smoother .

It's the holiday season ... why not spend some time being totally honest?

The X-S1 is the premium bridge cam from Fuji. The HS30 is the budget bridge cam.

The differences involve:

• a significant sensor size improvement,
  • a significant ergonomic improvement (e.g. EVF), and
  • a significant build and feel improvement.

No question whatsoever that the two are entirely different. But both are very capable and I would probably prefer the HS30 because it is good enough, it is dirt cheap right now, and it has excellent RAW support. The X-S1 RAW support is abysmal.

So there you go ... no need to take extreme positions or pretend that either one is a bad camera. They are very different cameras but both are perfectly capable of great shots.

That is just the case. The X-S1 should be the premium bridge cam, but it is not. The sensor may be bigger but the image quality is worse. OK the EVF is better they say. And the build quality is worse (lens almost falls off, that sort of thing). Fuji had to develop a second generation X-S1 with stitches! Why is that? The feel improvement is totally subjective.

Please do understand me: if the X-S1 really IS better I fully admit it and buy one !

Peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow