Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YRUNVS
Regular MemberPosts: 252Gear list
Like?
I think the D600 could use another stop of ISO range
Dec 24, 2012

I recently got a D600 and am learning its ins and outs. Thus far I have been impressed, and am thoroughly enjoying the camera. I am upgrading from a D5100 which I will keep. One thing which I find curious is the identical high ISO range on the high end. The d5100 is atrociously noisy to be sure when ISO range is maxed out, even more so in the night vision mode, but when you want to capture a snapshot which will only be viewed at low resolution I think it better to have and not need versus to be with out. Needless to say at max ISO the D600 files are much cleaner and imo much more useable than D5100 at the same ISO. Not that I envision using it often, but I would have def. appreciated an additional stop of ISO for those 'oh defecation' moments. What are your thoughts?

Below is a high ISO (not low light) snap shot w/ the new toy.

Edit: ISO isn't showing up but this was taken at ISO 25.6K

YRUNVS's gear list:YRUNVS's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +7 more
Nikon D5100 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow