30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
drj3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,413Gear list
Like?
Re: 30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...
In reply to rpm40, Dec 24, 2012

If Olympus wants a "pro" camera, they need to have fast, high quality zoom and telephoto lenses.  They already have these for the FT and not yet for the mFT.  Even it they developed a 300mm, 2.8 lens or a 90-250mm 2.8 zoom for the mFT, the lenses would still be very large and heavy.  Being able to use the current FT lenses would seem like a significant advantage at least for now while they develop fast pimes for the mFT.  I personally prefer the Olympus FT lens to the Panasonic mFT options, since Olympus cameras do not correct for lens distortion.  I also fear that future Panasonic cameras may not to continue to support software correction of distortion for current lenses as the number of lenses mutiply.  I have had too may printers and scanners which are no longer supported by upgrades of operating system software to be confident of future support.

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow