Bought two cameras today; only one came home with me.

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
awgk
Regular MemberPosts: 209Gear list
Like?
Re: Bought two cameras today; only one came home with me.
In reply to nixda, Dec 24, 2012

it sounds like he just bought the camera, so it would still be considered new if he brought it right back. He explained why he did it, which is understanderable. The majority of the people are happy with their purchase but the stores give you an opportunity if you make a mistake.

nixda wrote:

Enjoy your camera!

Having said that, I do have a negative note here, and it's about how you went about making your decision. Your behavior is part of what drives prices up for cameras, and everything else that has a money-back, full-satisfaction guarantee. That OM-D you returned will now be sold as a refurbished camera with a big reduction in profit to the manufacturer. As a lot of people are doing this, the manufacturers build in such losses into the original prices in order to retain their margins. Consequently, everyone else must pay a higher price than warranted. Ideally, one would test the camera in the store, without first purchasing it. I know that's not always possible, so I'm fine with the whole thing in general, but it is something to keep in mind. I got my camera in the US where camera prices are generally a bit lower than in other counties, so I can't complain too much, but particularly within that market, everyone is paying way too much for general consumer products, because of the liberal return policies.

Now go out and enjoy your camera!

awgk's gear list:awgk's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow