Your best shot of 2012 with your new Nikon.

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
UncleLJ
Contributing MemberPosts: 887Gear list
Like?
Aurora Borealis....
In reply to GMack, Dec 24, 2012

I am not sure if this is really my "best shot" or not. However, it also says "with your new Nikon". I had been shooting some 5+ years with Olympus and have been very please, but something was lacking. The opportunity arrived this summer to go full frame, and had the choice between 5DMkIII and D800...well, here I am...

I knew nothing of the "left focus issue" (have not noticed anything) or other problems...but I can say, "I love this camera"! This shot, was my very first attempt/chance at the Aurora Borealis...this was taken during a 15 minute break while at work, while I had stuff in the oven...could not see the controls, on a two or so week old camera.....lol

This is why I moved to full frame...and to say I was more than pleased, given it was the first shot, basically going blind, is why this photo merits my "best shot of 2012 with your new Nikon"

Hope you enjoy....

The "Northern Lights" over Leismer Lodge, Conklin AB, Canada

-- hide signature --
 UncleLJ's gear list:UncleLJ's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OrbNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow