Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,982Gear list
Like?
Re: Why buy a GH3 over FF
In reply to Paul Amyes, Dec 24, 2012

Paul Amyes wrote:

HowardinOregon wrote:

I suppose, I want my cake and eat it too. I want an easily portable camera with EVF that produces still images better (sharper, good shallow dof shots) than my Canon 60D; takes great video & where I have options to control on/off camera flash/lighting and post process in Lightroom/CS5 Photoshop and Premier. Action stills not too important, but indoor low light, fast reliable AF in both still and video are very important.

If you want shallower DOF than your 60d then the Sony A 99 is the way to go. For off camera flash then sorry neither is particularly good and I suggest either the Nikon D800 or Canon EOS 5d with the relevant Pocket Wizards. If you want video AF then an consumer videocam is your best option.

Yeah ... just taking issue with that last statement. I'b be much more likely to go with a Panny m4/3 body than a consumer video cam. The latter just looks too much like a cheap video cam with its pinhead sensor etc. Even the G3 with a hack can stomp any consumer video cam into dust and give you a near film look. And the AF is pretty excellent with the right lenses ... (e.g. inexpensive Sigma 30mm 2.8 ...)

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow