About to buy camera for wife

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bjorn_L
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,841Gear list
Like?
Re: About to buy camera for wife
In reply to Nikeman123, Dec 24, 2012

Nikeman123 wrote:

Alright. She opened the d5100 today and she loves it. One thing I noticed that's kind of annoying is that it did not come with a string to keep the lens cap attached to the camera. Is this normal? That thing is sure to get lost if its not attached! I also ended up getting her an 8gb eye-fi sd card that I have not programmed yet.

Lens caps are not attached. They do make doohickies to attach them. I've owned dozens of lenses over many years. I've not lost a lens cap yet. Although I know someone who has lost quite a few.  He uses some of those lens cap attachment things now.  Also keep you lhood on your lens at ALL times.  Keep it reversed to store the lens and/or camera.  But faciing forward when in use.  Improves image quality.

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Bjorn_L's gear list:Bjorn_L's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow