Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
steven_k
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
Re: SD1 vs Fujifilm X-E1
In reply to Tom Schum, Dec 24, 2012

steven_k wrote:

Tom,

I think the only fair test would be with the new Sigma 35/1.4 lens, then go head to head with the X-E1.

Or even better the DP2M vs XE-1,

I have an X-E1 right now and have tried the Fuji 35/1.4 and the new Fuji zoom. For what I was looking for, a compact Landscape camera, I'm afraid to say the DP2M smokes the X-E1 at F8 and base ISO shooting at infinity.

Not to mention RAW support is still lack luster for the X-E1.

I guess for an all around camera that can handle everything the X-E1 i

I agree you are right about the DP2M being better than the X-E1 at landscapes in good light. No question. With a nice lens such as the new 35mm F1.4, so will the SD1 if focus-bracketing is used.

For me, the all-around capability of the X-E1 trumps image quality. It's just a personal preference, nothing more.

One day, maybe Sigma will offer a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, and then I think I will be taking another look at Sigma (especially if they also offer a SA-mount electronic adapter as an accessory). Maybe in a couple years...

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom I agree with you totally.

No question Fuji is a better all around camera And I hope one day Sigma gets there act together with a SD series camera with Live View and of course more new HQ lenses.

though for now the DPM2 will suffice, and in regards to my X-E1, I am holding on to it  anxiously awaiting the new version of C1

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow