Shop cameras & lenses ▾
steven_k
Regular MemberPosts: 474Gear list
Like?
Re: SD1 vs Fujifilm X-E1
In reply to Tom Schum, Dec 24, 2012

steven_k wrote:

Tom,

I think the only fair test would be with the new Sigma 35/1.4 lens, then go head to head with the X-E1.

Or even better the DP2M vs XE-1,

I have an X-E1 right now and have tried the Fuji 35/1.4 and the new Fuji zoom. For what I was looking for, a compact Landscape camera, I'm afraid to say the DP2M smokes the X-E1 at F8 and base ISO shooting at infinity.

Not to mention RAW support is still lack luster for the X-E1.

I guess for an all around camera that can handle everything the X-E1 i

I agree you are right about the DP2M being better than the X-E1 at landscapes in good light. No question. With a nice lens such as the new 35mm F1.4, so will the SD1 if focus-bracketing is used.

For me, the all-around capability of the X-E1 trumps image quality. It's just a personal preference, nothing more.

One day, maybe Sigma will offer a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, and then I think I will be taking another look at Sigma (especially if they also offer a SA-mount electronic adapter as an accessory). Maybe in a couple years...

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom I agree with you totally.

No question Fuji is a better all around camera And I hope one day Sigma gets there act together with a SD series camera with Live View and of course more new HQ lenses.

though for now the DPM2 will suffice, and in regards to my X-E1, I am holding on to it  anxiously awaiting the new version of C1

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow