Questions re. Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 for my D5100.

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chrasmus
Regular MemberPosts: 137Gear list
Like?
Re: The new version is OS...
In reply to AngshuArun, Dec 24, 2012

AngshuArun wrote:

Chrasmus wrote:

I feel like I can justify upgrading my equipment, perhaps to a new DX Pro Body if we get one, and some better glass.

Why considering a DX Pro body (probably D7000) and not a FX body? Just an opinion.

I did consider moving to FX, and really like the Canon 5D Mark III.  I may still do so, but I figured that DX makes sense for me since I shoot mainly Macro and Birds.  DX gets me closer to my friends with lighter equipment.  If I stick with Nikon, I do plan on only getting FX glass in the future in order to have the option to move to FX if I decide to do so.

I was also looking to add a wide angle prime (35mm equiv. for family shots) to my lenses, but will not do so until I figure out exactly how to move forward.  I find it difficult to decide how to move forward, and will enjoy my D5100 (which is a great camera) until I make up my mind.

Regards,

Christian

Chrasmus's gear list:Chrasmus's gear list
Nikon D5100 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow