ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
S Atkin
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
iPhoto alternative on Windows 7
Dec 24, 2012

Hi,

Apologies if this appears to be a repeated post, I've searched the forums but not found an answer.

This is to put on my parents computer where I'm constantly having to reorganize their photos because they import them more than once in different places etc;  They're currently using Picasa, but I've found that the Exclude Duplicates doesn't work particularly well.

I've got a Mac and use iPhoto, this effectively hides the file structure from the user and makes it very easy to organize pictures by events and albums.  I know that this can be (folders and albums) in Picasa, but what appears to be the issue is that the file structure causes my parents confusion when organising their photos.

I don't need anything fancy, just a simple organiser.  I've come across Phototheca which is the closest I've seen to iPhoto on Windows (a little too close maybe, looks like they're trying to copy it).

I expect most of the photo experts on here use more advanced programs than iPhoto, but I'd really appreciate if any of you could advise on a good alternative photo organizer for Windows 7 that would hide the file structure from my parents, but allow them to just group collections of images together as appropriate (ie: birthdays, days out etc;).  Ideally I'd like something freeware or cheap, as it's not really worth spending an awful lot on, they wouldn't be editing etc;.

Many thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow