Locaton of focus adjustment screws on a57?

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rpenmanparker
Contributing MemberPosts: 569
Like?
Locaton of focus adjustment screws on a57?
Dec 24, 2012

I have this posted on www.dyxum.com so far without any help.  Perhaps someone here will know the answer.  I hava a validated case of back focus on my new a57, and am willing to try do-it-myself focus adjustment using the 3 hex screws provided for that purpose. Sony is known to do nothing when camera bodies are sent in for this complaint.  Problem is I cannot find them in the places where they are known to be in other Sony DSLRs and even SLTs.  They are not on the bottom in any SLT, but somewhere under the pop-up flash.

They are easy to ifnd in the a33 and a55 as shown in various DPR posts.  Not so on the a57.  There are three Phillips head screws under the flash head.  Do these need to be removed?  How much of the case has to be stripped away?

Also if anyone knows the correct directions to turn the screws in this location for moving toward front and back focus respectively, that would also be a big help.

Thanks.

Robert

Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow