Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lifeofdavid
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
YIKES I NEED HELP!
Dec 24, 2012

Although Ive been playing with a camera for the last ten years I am terribly deficient in set up portraits. Its area Ive never had much interest in and such have never developed the proper skills to do it well. From lighting to location and everything in-between I need (as the title says) HELP!

And that leads me to my current situation. My little brother is into musical theater and needed some photos done of him (headshot, mid-shot, full body).  He asked me to do it, I warned him of my incompetence in the field and we went out for what I termed a practice shoot.

Here are the results. Im looking for advise on how to essentially make these much better. Imo opinion they are below average technically and also importantly stale artistically. Nothing that will make him stand out to casting directors.

I am also looking for all "big picture" advise not necessarily related to these individual pictures but  on the genre in general. What books to read, blogs to watch, lighting. location, model poses ect.

I understand this is a large question so any help big or small is much appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow