Why has Canon sensor technology stalled?

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sovern
Contributing MemberPosts: 907
Like?
Re: LV MF with XSi
In reply to seri_art, Dec 24, 2012

seri_art wrote:

Here are images of the shot with the 85mm f/1.8 lens (at f/2.8) from the prior post (hate that 15-minutes cutoff for edits). ISO 1600 underexposed 2 stops, converted in DxO 7, effective ISO 6400. Focused on the image of the stack of books on the spine of the book in the center. The colors are very accurate.

Full frame, reduced to 1200x800 pixels

100% crop

Wow.....that's actually not bad at all.....looks just as good as what the newer Digic Software Processors are capable of in the newer Rebels.

I'll have to get DxO in case I run in a situation where I need to bring up my photo(s) to a higher iso than iso 1600. Shooting with flash and bouncing I doubt I'd ever have to go higher than iso 800, 1600 at most but this is nice if I ever need it.

This can be done with the 5Dc too so there's really no point in my eyes to even upgrade past the 5DC for full frame unless you need video (well atleast for my uses).

Thanks for sharing this and happy holidays.

I love the 85 1.8 by the way. I just received mines this past week and this lens is AMAZING for portraiture. Heres a photo that I've taken with the 85 1.8, at iso 100 of course but I love the compression, bokeh, and image quality this lens produces.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow