Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
razvu
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
A99 dedicated video thread
Dec 24, 2012

Is it possible to have a dedicated video thread where we can debate all the video aspects and nothing else?

I see a lot of threads that start with a certain topic and they go inevitably to the video dark side...Like the DXO score, or the A99 is one amazing camera. THe score is what it is, A99 is amazing for stills, any particular issues should be discussed in a separate topic, as it's impossible to go through all the threads and try to put all the ends together. Maybe the admin can create another thread or forum just for video?

Also, I think all the problems should be accompanied by samples, so we can compare them and see if everybody gets the same result. This way we can eliminate any issues with a bad camera, etc.

Looking at the latest responses I get the feeling that more people feel the A99 video is soft. Is it soft at any distance, close, far? What lens was used? What aperture?

Obviously the A99 sensor behaves differently than the camcorder size sensor, and settings will be different. There should be a starting point somewhere. Just saying "that's why I sold my A99 and I got..." does not help in any way. If you still have a video, please post it, along with the conditions, so we can try and duplicate the problems you encountered. Hopefully this way we can get to the bottom of whatever issue there is.

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow