D7000 - some pictures and decisions to be made...

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
CarlosNunezUSA
Contributing MemberPosts: 579Gear list
Like?
Re: My take...
In reply to Ray Soares, Dec 24, 2012

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your post and opinions.  I guess we all at some point ask the same question about FX.

I have mostly FX glass because I have been planning the move for some time and regardless, the best Nikon glass is probably FX anyway. I have  Nikkor 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 VR(1), which I use more frequently than anything else and then some other old glass also FX. So I think I'm in good shape in that department.

I always shoot RAW and mostly I work in Manual mode, rarely I use the auto modes, unless I'm handing the camera to someone who doesn't know anything about photography.

I'll be starting the new year by renting both bodies d600/800 and see what are the pros and cons, other than obviously the price. I may not need that much as D800 - except for the shutter speed 8000 vs 4000 on D600.

Thanks

Carlos
http://www.charlysworld.com

CarlosNunezUSA's gear list:CarlosNunezUSA's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow