Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vaughn T.Winfree
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,990Gear list
Like?
Ever took a picture, never being able to duplicate the same look? Photo
Dec 24, 2012

This is a bridge in St.Augustine, Florida that I took in November. Since then I have been back there three times trying to improve upon this image that I wish to print. Those last three times have not even come close to duplicating the same desired effect I was looking for during the same relative time of evening just as the lights come on and 10 minutes after. So my first attempt with a less than perfect technique actually was better than the later shots that should have been perfect. Go figure.. I do bracket my photos and blend them together for a smoother dynamic range. But again, since I have not been able to get a better image, I am stuck to using this one after I do just a few more cleaning up sections of the opposite back rail and lower lamp posts #2 and #3 counting from the right to left. This is a busy bridge and I am forced to edit out the majority of the vehicle blur motion on the bridge that also softened the railing on the back as I stated... So I guess I should be happy with what I have and move on to my next project as far as shooting is concerned and just try to finish the cleanup editing where the areas that bug me that the average person would not notice anyway.. Maybe I am just too picky.

By the way, I have been making 24x40 gallery wrap stretch mount canvas images and this is one that I wish to print as well.. That's why I get picky about the small details on such a large print. I will work on small sections at 300-400% blown up to do repairs, etc..

Your thoughts are much much welcome.. I truly enjoy the thoughts of those that frequent this forum as there is so much knowledge here... Kindest Regards.

-- hide signature --

Vaughn T. Winfree
These are not the Droids you are looking for~~
'See what the camera see's. Let the lens interpret what can be. Capture a moment in time telling a story.'--Vaughn T. Winfree

Vaughn T.Winfree's gear list:Vaughn T.Winfree's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S100 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow