Anyone move from a D300 to a D600 or D800?

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Owen Heuston
Contributing MemberPosts: 706
Like?
Re: Anyone move from a D300 to a D600 or D800?
In reply to Gazphotos, Dec 24, 2012

Gazphotos wrote:

I went from a D300 to the D800 and I find the build quality of both these camera bodies to be very good, they both feel substantial in the hand and have a feel of quality. I picked up a D600 the other day and my first impression was "this feels cheap compared to the D300/800" I have also picked up and held Canon 5d II and III's and neither of these feel as substantial or the quality build of the D300/800 either. I know it's my opinion, but being a tool and die maker and now mechanical engineer and being around high end manufacturing my whole career, I have a pretty good feel for what quality is.

You know, I think you are right about the feel of the D600.  I went to the Costco in Nashville this morning and I finally got to handle a D600. My first impression was, wow I do not like all the controls on top of each other, have two dials on top of each other. I am used to a more spread out layout like the D300. I also thought that the D600 felt really dominutive and not as well contructed as the D300. I have not held a D800, but would hope it handles better, at least for me. I also use a 5D Mark II sometimes and agree that it dies not feel substantial like the D300.

-- hide signature --

My galleries: www.owenheuston.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow